Complete Your College Essay -
Online, On-Demand Course with Weekly Live Support Sessions
Conquer the Common Application Essay with confidence from the comfort of your home! Learn from expert instructors on how to go from college essay ideas to execution.
Now more than ever, the college essay is what will make students stand out, allowing aspiring college applicants to showcase their individuality and depict their personal story through their writing.
“Most admissions officers will tell you that the personal statement is their absolute favorite part of the application. It’s really a chance for us to get to know who you are. . . your chance to say, ‘Hello, this is me, and here’s what matters to me and here’s what I’d like to tell you about myself.'”
– Marcia Landesman, former Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Yale Admissions
Complete Your College Essay Online Course Highlights
This online, on-demand course includes:
- Access to over a dozen how-to videos and 11+ resources such as “Remedies for Writer’s Block”, “The FULL College Essay Checklist”, “How to Capture an Experience – Lights, Camera, Action”, and more
- Weekly office hours with our team of experts
- Full insight into what college admissions officers are looking for
- Multiple exemplar college essay samples that got students into the colleges of their dreams
- Tips on common pitfalls and cliches to avoid in college essays
- Tools and prompts to discover an essay topic that is perfectly you
- Deep self-reflection exercises to unearth a strong essay with a clear story sequence
- A supportive community of peers and advisors to help guide you through the process
- *BONUS: Digital Parent Resource Guide to Help Your Teen Achieve Admissions Success
Our Students Have Been Accepted to:
For just $197, students gain the guidance needed to work through the Common Application College Essay strategically and efficiently.
*Please note that this course opens on June 27, 2022.*
CHAPTER 1: Building Blocks
- Intro to the Personal Statement
- In the Shoes of an Admissions Officer
- Discovering Secrets of Effective College Essays
- Unlocking the Common App Essay
- Choosing an Inspiring Topic
CHAPTER 2: Deep Dive
- Bringing Topics to Life
- Storytelling and Setting the Scene
- Finding Your Key Ingredient
- Hooking Readers with a Memorable Beginning
- Infusing Narratives with Context and Clarity
CHAPTER 3: The Roadmap
- Components of a Full Draft
- Investigating Top-Notch Essay Samples
- Roadmapping a Successful Essay
- Integrating Reflection
CHAPTER 4: Writing Your Draft
- 3 Tips for Getting Started
- Remedies for Writer’s Block
- Exploring Your Ending
- Identifying Central Themes
CHAPTER 5: Refining & Revising
- Essential Rubric for College Essays
- Writing and Refining Exercises
- Personal Feedback from Expert Advisors
- Writing Resources for College and Beyond
- Completed College Essay!
Your Advising Team
What Teens Say About Our College Essay Program:
“What this course did for me is to help me understand exactly what the college essay is, and what admissions officers are looking for.” — Daniel, 16
“I was very lucky to encounter this course! It allowed me to reflect and initiate a process of self-knowledge and put the best version of myself out there.” — Luiza, 17
“This course were really helpful in pinpointing specific characteristics that make me unique… I feel more confident in the essay and it’s great to have a head start” — Mariam, 17
“I was really unsure and nervous about how to apply to college – thanks to this course, I learned more about myself and what makes me, me. I feel more confident and prepared for college.” — Maya, 15
Don’t wait until the last minute!
Looking for that extra boost of support? Check out our College Essay Review Service!
Access a college essay editor anytime, anywhere via our College Essay Review services. Students receive comprehensive written feedback within 48 hours on ANY essay draft, with NO word limit.
REGISTER NOW for our Complete Your College Essay Online Course and College Essay Review bundle (below)!
College Essay Review
Our team of trained Advisors has a deep professional knowledge of college essay writing and college admissions standards, as well as a passion for mentoring. During this course, students will receive dozens of videos, resources, and prompts that take them from start to finish on their essay, as well as access to LIVE weekly office hours with our team. Prompts range from proven admissions suggestions to bigger-picture components of writing – such as style, tone, structure, and theme.
Upon registering, students will receive a login for the course to begin their journey (please note that the course will open in June 2022 and we will send detailed instructions closer to that date.) In regards to the length – the beauty of an online course is that it’s up to the student! While our course contents could be completed in as little as one week, students can choose to self-pace their program. With each chapter, they will also be given self-guided resources, videos, and activities to watch and complete so they walk away with a fully drafted essay. See our chapter-by-chapter framework.
We’re here to help! Please reach out to our Administrative Specialist for College & Workshop Programs, Janelle Milanes at Janelle@writetheworld.com.
We highly recommend supplementing this course with a College Essay Review for further support. Students are able to access a college essay editor anytime, anywhere, and receive comprehensive written feedback within 48 hours on any essay draft (including the Common App essay, Supplemental essays, and Scholarship essays).
Since its founding at Harvard University in 2013, Write the World—the online platform for writing instruction—has engaged over 30,000 teens (ages 13-19), and 3,000 educators in over 100 countries. We have years of experience guiding students to write and write well, and our college essay curriculums are no exception. Our students write great application essays and become stronger writers, better prepared for college and beyond. See more about us here.